can any body help me in finding code for university admission system
The University Admission System has been developed in order to automate the complete admission system starting from the notification to admission process. It also includes the Statistical reports on daily activities in the admission process.
The system enables online admissions saving the time of the geographically scattered students. It enables reducing time in activities, centralized data handling and paperless admission with reduced manpower. It improves the operational efficiency and reduces the cost. It also provides consist view of data and integration with other institutions for verification of marks and details.
• Create different system users and assign different roles with related permissions.
• The Notification will be released through online and manually.
• Students can apply online or offline.
• Verification of marks/details done by interacting with different agencies like school boards or college management systems.
• Hall tickets will be issued for eligible candidates.
• Ranks will be generated depending upon the marks obtained for qualified candidates and call letters will be send to short listed candidates.
• Admissions will be done online, saving the time of students.
• Centralized data maintained.
• The seats management will be done by the convener online and availability of seats announced.
• Statistical reports on daily activities in the admission process will be generated.
• The system provides security through password authentication. The Administrative staff and system administrators have their own login ids and these ids help in maintain the integrity of the system.
Definition, Acronyms, Abbreviations
Definitions: This glossary contains the working definitions for the key concepts in the system.
• Login: This is used to authenticate the user of the system.
• Administrator: A person who is responsible for working of a system.
• Database: It stores the information of the entire admission system and student details.
• Notification: Gives the details of the examination, Schedule, courses, eligibility criteria and syllabus for the examination.
• Hall ticket: This card provides the unique number for each applicant and it is used as the entrance pass for the examination. It contains the photograph of the student also.
• Rank card: Depending upon the marks obtained the results /merit list is provided using a unique number called rank.
• Admission: If the student allotted a seat it is called as admission.
• Seats Management: Adding and deletion of seats to the counseling, cancelling admissions.
• Report: It is statement describing in details about the cumulative things happened in a period.
• UML Unified Modeling Language
• JSP Java Server Pages
• J2EE Java 2 Enterprise Edition
• EJB Enterprise Java Beans
• DB2 Data Base
• WAS Web Sphere Application Server
• WSAD Web Sphere Studio Application Developer
• HTTP Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
• TCP/IP Transmission Control Protocol
• E.D.C. Electronic Data Change
• D.D. Demand Draft
• O.C Open Category
• S.C Scheduled Castes
• B.C Backward Castes
• S.T. Scheduled Tribes
The Department Committee draws up a time schedule for admission and also decides on the criteria for section and sends its recommendation to the graduation committee. Once this done, the following procedure is to be followed.
1. The university meets to finalize the draft advertisement, criteria for admission and preparation of the merit list.
2. All application forms received by the Departments are listed in order of merit and sent to the Admission Section. The Admission Section prepares merit list of students other than University which after being approved by the departmental committee, is sent back to the admission section along with the application forms for further checking by a specific date.
3. The merit list is complied according to the criteria as decided by the committee and the principles of reservation as University Rules.
4. After the checking of the forms by the admission committee, the committee is to meet again to consider and finalize the merit list within a specific date. The prepared merit list should be prominently displayed at least three days before the actual admission.
5. The admission section is then to proceed with the admission through counseling within the due date.
2. Feasibility Study
Economic feasibility attempts 2 weigh the costs of developing and implementing a new system, against the benefits that would accrue from having the new system in place. This feasibility study gives the top management the economic justification for the new system.
A simple economic analysis which gives the actual comparison of costs and benefits are much more meaningful in this case. In addition, this proves to be a useful point of reference to compare actual costs as the project progresses. There could be various types of intangible benefits on account of automation. These could include increased customer satisfaction, improvement in product quality better decision making timeliness of information, expediting activities, improved accuracy of operations, better documentation and record keeping, faster retrieval of information, better employee morale.
Proposed project is beneficial only if it can be turned into information systems that will meet the organizations operating requirements. Simply stated, this test of feasibility asks if the system will work when it is developed and installed. Are there major barriers to Implementation? Here are questions that will help test the operational feasibility of a project:
Is there sufficient support for the project from management from users? If the current system is well liked and used to the extent that persons will not be able to see reasons for change, there may be resistance.
Are the current business methods acceptable to the user? If they are not, Users may welcome a change that will bring about a more operational and useful systems.
Have the user been involved in the planning and development of the project?
Early involvement reduces the chances of resistance to the system and in general and increases the likelihood of successful project.
Since the proposed system was to help reduce the hardships encountered. In the existing manual system, the new system was considered to be operational feasible.
Evaluating the technical feasibility is the trickiest part of a feasibility study. This is because, .at this point in time, not too many detailed design of the system, making it difficult to access issues like performance, costs on (on account of the kind of technology to be deployed) etc. A number of issues have to be considered while doing a technical analysis.
Understand the different technologies involved in the proposed system before commencing the project we have to be very clear about what are the technologies that are to be required for the development of the new system. Find out whether the organization currently possesses the required technologies. Is the required technology available with the organization?
Student admissions are a vital part of any university’s running because students are what keep a University alive. The student admission is one of the most important activities within a university as one cannot survive without students. A poor admissions system can mean fewer students being admitted into a university because of mistakes or an overly slow response time. The process begins with a potential student completing an application form through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service, the first step for students is to apply directly to the university through a custom online form.
The next step is for the Admissions service center has to review the application and ensure that all of the required information has been provided, from the form itself to the supplementary documentation, such as language and degree certificates. If any of the required information is missing, it is the secretary for the department to which the application concerns that contacts the potential student and arranges for the delivery of the outstanding data. The application in its entirety is then forwarded, complete with a recommendation, to the respective department’s Admissions Tutor, who has the final say as to whether each potential student is accepted or rejected. Before making a decision, the Admissions Tutor reviews the application and the additional documentation, comparing the academic credentials to a list of university rankings and previous, similar applications.
The purpose of this SRS document is to specify software requirements of the Online Admission for the university. It is intended to be a complete specification of what functionality the admission provides. The main purpose of the system is to automate the task carried out by different peoples in the organization to perform the student admission. Specific design and implementation details will be specified in a future document.
Items that are intended to stay in as part of your document are in bold
Explanatory comments are in italic text.
Plain text is used where you might insert wording about your project
This project’s aim is to automate the system, pre-checking the inclusion of all required material and automatically ranking each student’s application based on a number of criteria. These criteria include the ranking of their university, their grade at said university and their language grade Certificate. The data used by the system is stored in a database that will be the centre of all information held about students and the base for the remainder of the process after the initial application has been made. This enables things to be simplified and considerably quickened, making the jobs of the people involved easier. It supports the current process but centralizes it and makes it possible for decisions to be made earlier and easier way.
Objectives of the Proposed System:
The aim of the proposed system is to address the limitations of the current system. The requirements for the system have been gathered from the defects recorded in the past and also based on the feedback from users of previous metrics tools. Following are the objectives of the proposed system:
Reach to geographically scattered students. One of the important objectives of the admission system is communicate with all the students scattered geographically.
Reducing time in activities. Reduce the time taken process the applications of students, admitting a student, conducting the online examination, verify student marks, and send call letters to selected students.
Centralized data handling. Transfer the data smoothly to all the departments involved and handle the data centralized way.
Paperless admission with reduced manpower. Reduce the manpower needed to perform all the admission and administration task by reducing the paper works needed.
Cost cutting. Reduce the cost involved in the admission process.
Operational efficiency. Improve the operational efficiency by improving the quality of the process
i'm 4th year computer science student and i'm handling over this project as my final year project.
can i be please mailed with the source code of the project as soon as possible so that it can be helpful for my project
I WANT TO KNOW THE MAIN OR THE CORE FUNCTIONAL AREAS. THIS IS TO GUIDE ME AS TO HOW AM SUPPOSE TO DEVELOP THE SYSTEM.eg
1. applicant's detail ie.
name of applicant
e-mail address etc.
2.certificate details ie.
score for math
score for english
,, ,, science
any other certificate etc
hey donquassyi ,
what you mean?
I want the complete srs of the online admission system please help me out thanks