Abresive Jet Machine
It is a newly developed technology used in industrial countries. This is adopted for machining operations.
In this machine a high velocity of abrasive stream is used for machining. The abrasive particle have a vibration of about 50 hertz is mixed with high pressure gas or air in the mixing chamber. Then the stream is emerges through a small nozzle mounted on a fixture to the work piece.
Variable in abrasive jet machine
The variables that influence the rate of metal removal and accuracy of machining in this process are
1. Carrier gas
2. Shape of cut
3. Nozzle design
4. Work material
5. Type of abrasive
6. Stand of distance
7. Size of abrasive grain
8. Velocity of the abrasive jets
9. Mean of abrasive particle/unit volume of the carrier gas
1. Ability to cut fragile, brittle or heat sensitive material without damage.
2. Ability to cut intricate holes in material of any hardness
3. Low capital cost
1. Slow material removal rate
2. Stray cutting and hence accuracy is not good.
3. Embedding of abrasive in the work piece.
4. Abrasive powder cannot be refused